Gerard
(.224 member)
03/02/10 06:07 PM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

There is a lot of loose talk about OSR and what the cause may be. While researching the topic, as a result of false allegations made by 400NitroExpress, I found this:
Quote:

31 Oct 2009
I've handled 5 guns with OSR so far. 2 1906-1908 era British doubles, 2 1920's British doubles and 1 1920's Belgium double. My only confirmation that monos cause OSR is the owners of 2 of these doubles that I've handled with OSR shot quite a few Barnes bullets through them. My doubles, 6 of them, that didn't have OSR when I got them and have been shot exclusively with Woodleighs, Hornady lead core and Hawk bullets still exhibit no OSR.

1. Five doubles exhibited OSR.
2. Two were fired with copper monos and jacketed lead core bullets.
3. Three were fired with jacketed lead core bullets.

How does this point to copper monos as the probable cause? The logic escapes me. According to this evidence, the probable cause must be jacketed lead bullets.

Then I see the following from the same person:
Quote:

28 Jan 2010:
The doubles I have seen with OSR (4-5), including one of my own, begin to exhibit the OSR about 8-10 inches down the barrels and the OSR continues to the muzzle.

Now I am confused.
1. In October last year he had seen altogether 5 doubles with OSR.
2. None of his own doubles had OSR.
3. In January past he had seen altogether 5 doubles with OSR including one of his own.
4. He has used jacketed lead core bullets exclusively.
5. Has one of his doubles now developed OSR as a result of that? The 3 to 2 evidence of the first example seems to point to it.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com