Matt_Graham
(Sponsor)
01/02/10 05:02 PM
Re: Verny-Carron

Quote:

Quote:

If you want to order a boxlock I don't think you could do better than V-C. I have a custom made V-C set and it was well worth the wait. I found myself in a similar conundrum regarding which caliber to order. So I decided to order mine with two sets of barrels. The gun is built on one action size so, depending on the combination ordered, you might have either a second set of lighter barrels for a heavier frame or a second set of heavier barrels for a lighter frame. But, unless the difference is extreme, I think the benefits are worth it.

My gun happens to be a 9.3x74R/7x65R set. It balances well with either barrel set and is neither too heavy nor too light. The scope is for the 7x65R and the 9.3x74R barrels have a flip up "night" sight on the front.

My suggestion is that you order a gun to your specifications. I just don't enjoy shooting anything heavier than a 450. So I think a 450 with a second barrel set in a smaller bore like 450/400 would be a very versatile choice. You can set up each barrel set for the kind of shooting you will be doing.

I would be more inclined to look at .450 with a set of 9.3X74 barrels. I had thought to recommend the .375 flanged but ammo is harder to come by and the 9.3X74 is nearly the same with more ammo choices. I would get both fitted with a QD scope.
Bill

I wouldnt get a scope for the 450 but a 375/9.3 would sure be a great combo!! I've only got six or seven rifles in that calibre range - whats another one going to matter??

Contact Us NitroExpress.com