4seventy
(Sponsor)
27/01/10 11:58 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Quote:

What I meant is called 'Laufhaken' in German. The literal translation of that is 'barrel hook'.

404, Thanks for that, but there is still some confusion regarding the translation there.
The "hook" on a double is referring to location of the semi circular cutaway, usually on the forward face of the front lump.
This hook is what allows the barrels to pivot on the action's hinge pin when the gun is opened and closed.

Quote:

The example that I was shown was a 'Doppelte Laufhaken Verriegelung', which literaly means 'double hook lock', which is simply a double locking lug system (without anything else, so no a Greener cross-bolt, for example). These lugs / hooks were apparently worked on.

This "double hook lock" you refer to sounds like you are talking about the bolting system which locks the barrels to the action frame. This is where a sliding bolt located under the barrels, engages into bites located in the barrel lumps, when the gun is closed.

So I'm guessing that you are saying that the apparent heat damage is located at the barrel bites?

Contact Us NitroExpress.com