470Rigby
(.333 member)
13/05/04 02:33 PM
Re: Howdah Pistol in modern calibres?

RLI

Well, I did discuss this with a few people "in the know", and the consensus was that the probability of obtaining sanction to do this in Victoria was in the "snow ball" survival region.

If you have some special situation that allows you to do it, good for you! I daresay, 99.99 percent of the population couldn't, and it's them that I worry about. Just go and do it without any fanfare.

Am I upset? Yes. Just think a public forum such as this is not the place to ventilate these sorts of concepts. We don't really kow WHO is out there anonomously taking all this down, do we?

MODERATORS?

Obviously, you can't be up with the gun laws in every jurisdiction around the world, but is there a policy on this forum relating to potentially illegal acts being "aired"?

There ARE consequences.

In this instance, how long after the first illegally s*wn-off Pedersoli is used in a Bank hold-up would it be before ownership of double rifles is put under the spotlight? The same applies to shotguns I hear you say! But there IS a difference. Heavy calibre double rifle owners are a minority within a minority, and would have no electoral clout. Who can justify ownership of a heavy calibre double in a country where a 30-06 will handle any common game species.

The reason these issues were not canvassed in my original post IS precisely because we don't know who is watching.

I just think RLI and all of the other posters that went along with this "nonsense" should go and take a cold shower. DUGABOY offered the same advice and you all blithely ignored him. Maybe he was too polite.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com