mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
25/11/09 04:59 AM
Re: Hagn Falling Block double rifle

Trev,

Thanks for the updates. Yes, the Stephen Dodd Hughes article is a gem of information on the origins of the Hagn action. Many years ago, when I wrote an article for an Indian magazine, I had some communication with Martin Hagn. He wrote me a very nice hand-written letter about his actions and sent me black and white pictures of a 300 Win Mag rifle that he was building at the time. He told me that his was a "one man show" and that he built every part of every rifle that he sold himself. He used to offer bolt action rifles prior to my communication with him but stopped this when we communicated. I shall try and contact him and find out if he recalls our very pleasant communication from the early 1990s.

Jabali,

Thank you very much for posting Herr Hagn's new website. Personally, I feel that we should let the circumstances that caused the split be. Both the gentlemen in the former partnership are great gunmakers and we should find it more enriching to enjoy the fruit of their efforts than to look at whatever the reasons might have caused them to dissolve their partnership and go their independent ways.

JMHO.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com