NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
11/05/04 02:21 PM
Re: Howdah Pistol in modern calibres?

Don't think the ATF has a whiff of a chance doing anything that concerns me in the least.

Of course a person would seek legal permission to alter a firearm, caibre, barrels etc before doing so, but I don't give a damn what the ATF think if they read it here as they are a complete irrelevancy to me.

I do wonder though with BS Aussie banning of large calibre pistols whether a .45 Pedersoli cut-back could be legally done or not? Also the legal justification? As it would be a hunting pistol and hunting with a pistol is not permitted maybe NE.com would need to form a Howdah Target shooting discipline. Maybe a cross between IPSC and game target shooting. Picture this - you are sitting in a mock howdah which wobbles quite a bit, wearing your pith helmet, carrying your favourite double rifle. Your howdah pistol is in a holster. A tiger target is charging you from close range. Your double having been expended, jammed, whatever (being a "junk" vintage Jeffrey, A&N, WR or H&H ), you need to draw the howdah pistol and shoot the tiger in a leathal area.

Sounds like fun. Pity one can not do the real thing, what.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com