4seventy
(Sponsor)
19/11/09 06:48 PM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

Quote:

Quote:

I guess it is time to restate the GSC guarantee regarding damage to doubles:

If any double delaminates as a result of the use of the correct caliber GSC drive band bullets for that double, GSC will pay for the repair.

"Delaminate" includes OSR.

NOW gentlemen, here is a maker that steps up! What say ye now?

Mac,
It's great to have a bullet maker standing firmly behind his product.
But the reality is that it still doesn't change anything as far as whether any particular monos are safe or unsafe to use in double rifles.
The above is not, or does not appear to be, a guarantee that the bullets are proven beyond doubt to be safe for use in all double rifles.
It is a guarantee to pay for the repair of any double rifle which suffers delamination or OSR damage as a result of using these bullets.
There is quite a big difference.

Gerard, please understand that I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your bullets.
They appear to be very well designed and manufactured, and I would have no doubt that they perform very well on game.
It is obvious that you produce a very high quality product.
It is a fact however, that the OSR issue is one which has not yet been fully understood or explained by anyone at this point in time, and this is the reason that some of us are still wary regarding the use of monos of any brand or type, in double rifles, and especially in the older higher value English and European guns.
Hopefully in the not too distant future we can learn more about what actually causes the OSR problems, and then know what is totally safe to shoot in DR's and what is not.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com