carpediem4570
(.300 member)
07/11/09 05:10 PM
Help,I need RWS ammo to check regulation on my dr

I purchased a used A. Zoli side by side DR that came with the regulation target. The rifle was regulated using an RWS H-Mantel bullet weighing 16.7 grams, (258 grains +-) and regulated at 100 metres. The bullet holes are touching. It looks like one big ragged hole.

When I looked up the data on the RWS bullet, the 16.7 gram bullet is purported to be doing approximately 2460 feet per second.

I am told that this rifle may have been manufactured in the 1970's and I believe the RWS ammo in 9.3 H-Mantel was a steel jacketed bullet.

I have decided to start at square one by getting my hands on a box of RWS H-Mantel factory-loaded ammo. If the rifle regulates using the factory rounds, I have a point to start at. If it does not, then I have to re-think my options regarding this dr.

The problem is no one in Alberta, Canada offer RWS ammo. Can someone help by sending me a box of RWS H-Mantel 16.7 gram ammo, or put me in touch with a company that sells the requested box of ammo? Of course I am more than happy to send you the funds to cover the purchase as well as shipping and handling.

Does RWS still manufacture the H-Mantel using a steel jacket? All I see on the net is copper jacketed bullets. Would the copper have a different effect on regulating the gun if it were regulated using a steel jacketed bullet?

Kindest regards,

Carpediem

Contact Us NitroExpress.com