DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
05/11/09 08:19 AM
Re: I Read All Of The OSR Thread, Time For The Machine Shop!

Quote:

Quote:

Measurements, Material and design! Nothing else is needed!

You haven't provided any "real evidence" there, just theory.

You, sir, have not offered any "REAL EVIDENCE" only your theory that I'm wrong!

Quote:

For example, with double rifles, bore and groove "measurements" will or should always be taken into account and addressed, regardless of what bullet type is being used, not just with mono's. It is a standard proceedure with DR reloading.

The above is true, and there are people every day who shoot double rifles with what ever bullet they have on hand without ever measureing the bore at all. That fact is why I state that my reccomendation come only to those who do their home work in regard to their own rifle, before use any bullet, and more importantly if thinking of using a Mono-metal bullet!

Quote:

"Material", where has it been proven that any particular mono bullet alloy is any safer than another, where OSR is concerned?

Haveing several types and makes in hand made from different metals is one way,which I have, and if you don't have them, which it seems you don't, "YOU" can't make a judgement either way!

Quote:

"DESIGN"?
Well, you must be believing what some bullet manufacturers are telling you regarding the wonders of their particular brand of banded monos, while at the same time refuting the claims made by other mono bullet manufacturers like Barnes.

I don't believe anything I read from anyone who wants to sell me something till I look for myself. I can see the design for myself!

Quote:

Your opinion seems to be that banded mono's made by certain companies, which are made from a certain material, and have correct dimensions for the double rifle barrels they are to be shot in, are safe and will not cause OSR or rib joint damage.
Is there any evidence to support this?

You are totally correct in the "YOUR" "OPINION" above that the conditions you list are "MY" opinion. However my opinion is backed by my own in had comparison that bears that opinion out!

As far as certain companies products, as I have said on many occasions, I will only reccomend those that I have personally used, and/or examined in my own hands, for hardness, measurement, and design. In that light the only ones I have found to be safe in a double rifle of proper dimentions, and the two I have listed repeatedly, are the North Fork, and the GS CUSTOM.

NOW! Where is the proof you are offering to say I'm wrong? OH!!!! Thats right, YOU don't have any!

.....................................Good shooting 4seventy!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com