tinker
(.416 member)
26/10/09 11:45 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

This is one of those conversations that would sound a lot different and likely go much more smoothly and constructively if it took place over the benches in our collective machineshop and loading den.

I don't think that there would be nearly the tension or missing-in-communication if everyone interested in the topic could carry on in person - I have a sense all parties in this discussion are a nostril-hair from seeing eye-to-eye on the topic and that there are slim and narrow margins of distinction in the way of the "A-Ha Moment" for all concerned.

I like all of y'all, across the board.
I see potential for walking-around sense to support many different sides of the story, and with the right group in the right space and a couple real-for-real examples of OSR damage on the table all could come to a common ground in language regarding the issue where everyone saw things in the same light.

The witch-hair-nest that comes to surround conversations on this topic resembles the "45-70 for dangerous game", "458Win VS Lott", "Wheelgun VS Autoloader" etc discussion snares.
I think that at some time (hopefully soon) someone's going to get a simple idea across in simple language, backed with photographic and anecdotal evidence, clearly putting the lights on the OSR issue - highlighting the distinction and the details and problems around and about it.
Ideally somewhere in-step with that moment there will be clear and distinct language around 'driving-band' monolithic bullet design and load design that will point one-and-all in the direction of truth and light.

I'll cross a finger.

Cheers
Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com