450_366
(.400 member)
24/10/09 06:18 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Quote:

I’m comfortable stating that Barnes Banded Solids are better for antique barrels than the competition

He could be right, but as most statements like this, it depends on the competition refered to.

Quote:

...I don't know how to display it on the internet, but I do know how to show it to someone in person. I make the commitment to have a DR with visible OSR with me at SCI in January. Anyone who doubts the existence of OSR in double rifles is welcome to come by and look at it.

I would love to travel over see to see it, but cant, or rather would not be allowed.
Not becourse i dont think its there, but to see with my own eyes how it looks, and know what too look after on other rifles.

At last this tread is getting a bit constructive, with first hand experience, what bullet besides barnes a nono to doubles?

There must be some relation to hardess or alloy to look for, from the pressures barnes has shown, the soft seems to give a bit higher pressures. Are they worse then the solids?

This is of some substancial interest to anyone that would like to continue hunting with their doubles as the greens will finaly bann lead, thats something im sure of. And they wont give a crap about the guns that in their eyes killed every elephant in the wourld.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com