mickey
(.416 member)
24/10/09 02:57 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

I have a 9.3x74R that I feel was damaged by Barnes X bullets. I shot 36 of the 286 Grain bullets through it and the rifle was taken off face. You can also see a 'shadow' of the rifling on the right barrel if the you hold it to a bright light in just the right way.

I can't say as a 'fact' that the damage was caused by the X bullets and I can't say for a 'fact' that the damage wasn't there from before. But I think it is true.

The interesting part was how fast it came off face. I was showing it to my friend before we went out shooting (Zebra culling) and he commented on how tight it was for a 70 year rifle. Three days later you could slide a business card between the standing breech and the barrels. It was while looking at it that he noticed the rifling impressions on the barrel.

Maybe a coincidence?

I spoke to Randy Brooks about it at SCI that January and was blown off with 'it must be a cumulative result, my bullets are the best thing in the world' comment. He was not interested in talking about it, I think he was afraid others might overhear.

Much the same as his conversation with 500 grains at SCI a couple of years ago about his bullets failing.

If you put your hands over your ears and jump up and down while singing it is hard to hear others talking.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com