500Nitro
(.450 member)
23/10/09 05:46 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Quote:

I don't know who 400 Nitro Express is, but his post: What a joke. Damage to DR barrels has nothing to do with pressure, and everybody knows that. I've discussed their "tests" with Ty on the phone. I tried, but I couldn't keep myself from laughing."

When I read this from the link above, I laughed. Obviously 400 NitroEx. knows nothing about pressure relating to strain gauges, but sure likes to spout off. Perhaps he's being funded by 'other' bullet companies?
Strain gauges show exactly what the barrel is feeling. To have this OSR phenominum, to actually press the rifling out to the outside of the barrel takes pressure - a strain gauge is on the outside of the barrel and shows the strain, pressure THERE.

Interesting.hahahahahahaha!

Darryl

I understand what you are saying, but you can get pressure with other bullets as well that don't cause OSR.

It is the fact that the bullets don't obturate as they go down the barrel that causes the rifling to be pushed to the outside.

And re 400NitroExpress, I think he knows a shitload more than 99.9% of the rest of us and be thankful IMHO that he is quite willing to impart that knowledge.

And I don't think he works for anyone else, he just likes calling a spade a spade.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com