Ripp
(.577 member)
23/10/09 12:51 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

As I stated in my email, and state above--that they "own the African market" is a crock, IMHO..Not what I see and hear in the lst 4 hunts over there..are they around?,,you bet..but hardly rule the market..I used their solids in my .416's when hunting ele or buff...but for softs, still stick with the A-Frame..and NO, I do not get $$ from Swift for promoting them..just merely feel their A-Frame soft is second to none for game..

I also use the Triple shocks in some of my higher velocity cartridges while hunting here in the U.S. ..257 Weatherby is one example..

As to whether there is validity to the claim that barnes solids should not be used in doubles, especially older doubles..I do find it ironic that NO ONE has been able to put forth proof. One would think, with all the shooting that is claimed to be done, someone, somewhere, would have photos to share. Having said that, and own a older WR, I am still not going to risk it when another viable product is available..Just see no reason to ..

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com