9.3x57
(.450 member)
23/10/09 12:50 AM
Re: OSR, Double Damage and Barnes' Response

Jabali, the bit about the owning of the market generated a chuckle from me, too, and others, but it is a statement of confidence in their sales, obviously, and whether it is strictly true I do not know. Maybe they are the largest American maker of premium bullets for hunters in Africa? I know other makers make pretty forceful statements about their products, too.

Your point about the pre-07 is a really good one. Not sure if they've done any testing with both pre-driving band and post-driving band bullets side-by-side. The pressure and barrel strain tests appear to have been run 2008. It seems tho, that those who say Barnes bullets damage guns do not limit that statement to pre-driving band bullets. Is that correct? Don't they say that ALL Barnes bullets damage doubles?

Dugaboy: I clicked on the link but only got a repost of the link shown here. The remark about Barnes bullets that came from the one poster doesn't give any particulars, but seems to imply that all was well with his "custom loaded" ammo till he got to Africa? I assume he shot the gun before he left? Our own Peter here posted a problem he had with a double {barrels separating or reg wedge loosening IIRC} when he went to Africa, but that had nothing to do with mono bullets. I do not believe he blamed the bullets for the problem. I do not remember if a cause was actually found for the problem.

Anyway, the AR thread provided no details of any kind, no pic's nothing. No criticism here, just observing the obvious. A fellow could say the same about pretty much anything. I had a gun that blew primers on Remington ammo consistently. While I thought it was Remington ammo, I finally found out it was the gun, and once rectified, the gun doesn't blow primers with any factory ammo.

If you can see here, I am actually trying to help you state your cause, as I want to know the truth. But repeating the same accusations without providing proof or any technical data only makes such statements sound like the "smoke and mirrors tricks" cited by Barnes above.

Now here's one, from the link I'm surprised nobody pounced on,

Barnes says: "Based on our tests and experience, I’m comfortable stating that Barnes Banded Solids are better for antique barrels than the competition."

Wow. That is a pretty strong statement!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com