400NitroExpress
(.400 member)
12/10/09 08:18 AM
Re: Let's have some fun.

Quote:

Orignally posted by zimhunter:
The thing I take exception to is the fact that collectors of English Doubles seem to have zero tolerance for anyone else's view on the subject.

No one objects to an expression of an informed opinion. One more time, you had to ask what the OP meant!

Quote:

Originally posted by zimhunter:
They are entitled to have these views and to make comments about such views

Yes, we are. These rifles are of serious interest to us. That's why we're here, and that's a significant part of what this site is about. The experience and knowledge base about them here is great. The views posted here by those most expert with respect to these particular rifles (via long time personal experience with them and research about them), have been entirely negative with respect to this one. They're highly informed views.

Quote:

Originally posted by zimhunter:
but by the same token so am I.

Nobody said that you weren't. Indeed, you've expressed your "views".

However, you have to have knowledge of a subject in order to form an opinion on it. You've made it clear that you have none. A "view" expressed without knowledge of the subject at hand isn't an opinion, it's just noise, and fails to rise to the level of discussion. You're just like Nancy Pelosi on "assault weapons". No knowledge and nothing to contribute but heat and noise, but militant about her right to have her bloviating heard.

Quote:

Originally posted by Empire375:
Hi Folks. I bet London to a brick that somebody buys it. Thats the point. Not to my taste (gaudy) but if somebody liked that style enough to commission the work there will be somebody else to buy it.
Just my 2c

Sad but true. Confirmation that P. T. Barnum's dictum exists in every market.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com