zimhunter
(.333 member)
11/10/09 01:00 PM
Re: Let's have some fun.

The answer to your question is no I would not buy it. I don't like thumbhole stocks first and see little use for an 18" barrel shotgun except for personal protection and then it would not be a two shooter but have no objection to magna porting of shotgun barrels as one of my Browning O/U's is ported. I actually don't particularly like H&H shotguns period. In fact I don't particularly handle s/s shotguns very well after owning several thru the years including Mdl 21's and a couple of Parkers,Foxes and L.C. Smiths. I shoot mostly O/U's and the only fancy one I have at the time is a 28ga Browning Lightening which I admit does have engraving and gold birds on it. My favorite being a Beretta ASE with solid rib and English stock. It is VERY plain except for the wood which is a nice piece. I still maintain my first question. After reading the responses I see the writer was asking what was different from the original and what had been changed I suppose from what was lang's NORMAL style. Since none of us saw the gun before it was refinished none of us can say and we are only drawing personal conclusions as to what it's appearance was based on remaining Lang's of the same basic model. I also might say I have never bought a gun that was not to be used no matter what the value or decoration. And I can truthfully say that I have never in over 60 years bought a gun as an investment.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com