DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
27/06/09 05:48 AM
Re: ?? MERKEL OWNERS ??

Quote:

I have recieved the above email today from Rosco and on reading the email I understand with his help that his intentions were not what I thought. And on the rumour of the .500 Merkel blowing to bits, well after a long and I will say enjoyable phone conversation with another Nitro EX member I was told that it is total rubbish, but there is a story all the same. After what I have learnt in just a couple of hours today, I would have no hesitation in buying a Merkel double rifle.

Thank you,
Bill Goodland

Bill like CaptCurl, I have shot several bullets down range through a pair of Merkel double rifles, but unlike The Capt, I have had zero problems with any rifle or shotgun made by Merkel I have ever owned. Mine are a 470NE and a 9.3X74R both 140s.

The rumors started about the Merkel double rifles were started by a person I happen to know very well. This rumor was because this dealer was selling a competitor of Merkel, and simply could not compete with the Merkel price point, so decided to disspell any voice on the true quality of the Merkel line, with the rediculous crap you were told. There are hundreds of Merkel double rifles in use in Africa today by PHs, and clients alike, with the result being the myths have been mostly disspelled. It still flaires up from time to time, and in every case when the person repeating the myth is questioned,we find the he was told by someone wanting to sell you something else!

If the Capt tells you something you can take it to the bank. He knows his double rifles, and is not shy about correcting myths. That is good because companies have been ruined by this type of gossip, and we as a group need to correct the false info presented on the net. SO! I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't take offence when someone corrects info that you post when they know it is in error. The messenger is safe here!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com