DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
12/06/09 02:05 AM
Re: ?? MERKEL OWNERS ??

Quote:

Quote:

Doubling is common by most boxlock double rifle's, not only by Merkel, and the problem are the sears or the trigger's! The gunmaker's have alway's a explication, but our problem is the very hard recoil by the big bore double's!

No, No, No, No. This is not correct.

Most Boxlocks do not Double. It is a rare occurance for a good boxlock to double for any reason other than shooter error.

I absolutely agree! I have owned at least a dozen boxlock double rifles of about every maker, and I have never had a DD except when wet finger slipped off the front trigger, and hit the back trigger. I have two Merkel double rifle today, and have zero trouble with any aspect with these rifles. #1 is a 140E, 9.3X74R that I have had for alomst ten years with not one problem, #2 is a 140-2, 470NE , and I have had this rifle for 4 yrs, and the previous owner had it a 3 yrs, with no problems. The first owner of the 470NE double took it to Africa twice, took two elephant, and three buffalo with it, and I have shot, and hunted with it a bunch in North America, I have yet to take the 470NE t0 Africa, but the 9.3X74R has been three times,takeing two buffalo and a fine eland, one shot each.

The triggers on my 470NE double is 4# for the front trigger, and 4.5# for the back trigger trigger pull. The 9.3 double has 4.5# for both triggers!

Both rifles are very accurate, and are built like a bank vault! Very good rifles for the price. and the only mods needed on them is a recoil pad, and that allows you to adjust the length of pull while installing the recoil pad!

.......................Value for money spent, IMO!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com