baileybradshaw
(.333 member)
10/04/09 02:08 AM
Re: Rimfire Double

Prototyping is a bitch, but the more thorough the process, the easier it is in the end. that being said, I have a growing pile of obsolete parts, but the action is coming along nicely.

I have the removeable trigger group fitted and the lock working. Still need to install the latch to retain the trigger group. Some things are better left to design with some of the elements in hand.

The locks have flat V main springs and rebounding hammers. No play at all when it is installed, but removes easily. The gaps on either side of the rear of the trigger group were from a machinging error that has been corrected, but since this is the prototype, stuff like that happens, and it wasn't enough of an issue to scrap the action. Obviously I don't intend to sell the prototype, as I wouldn't allow something like that out of the shop.

I trimmed off the "moustaches" as fitting the monoblock was going to run the cost way up.

I have the ejectors designed. They are coil spring driven, similar to what you would find on Ruger Red Labels and many other O/U shotguns. Thought about Southgates, but they require more parts. More coming soon!!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com