JPK
(.375 member)
05/04/09 01:30 PM
Re: .577 BPE vs 20ga. RBL Professional

Quote:

Could be - didn't know it was a 24" twist - could be OK. note sure how it will handle 700gr. bullets - does the mfgr's warrant this size? From what I read on it, it is for the sabots and small .50 cal bullets. This is all we have to go on and .50 cal doesn't cut it in comparrison to .577. I mentioned the 12 as it's a better choice than a 'little' .20 - off topic I guess - oh well.

How heavy a bullet is, alone, irrelevant to pressure or demand on the gun. Faunetta other Fosberry types run to ~525grs, which would be more than sufficient and that would be ~1.5x RB, plus at least some had hollow bases, making them long for weight.

What are you looking to use a 577 BPE for? Or what would you be looking to use a 12ga round ball rifle for?

Neither a 500 BPE nor the 20ga sabot slugs are short anything for the lower 48. And certainly not the 20ga shooting Fosberry types or probably even round balls.

The only NA critters I can figure where a 577 BPE or 12ga round ball rifle has an advantage over a 500 BPE or 20ga shooting either sabots or Fosberry types is brown bear and Yukon moose. And then, there are much better coices.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com