Caprivi
(.375 member)
04/04/09 12:06 PM
Re: .577 BPE vs 20ga. RBL Professional

Amazing how much (mis)information there is on the RBL when not a one has been shipped yet......Makes you wonder.

If it is of the same quality that has been the corner stone of any Galazan project in the past, I would take the RBL in a second over a .577bpe. No question. Brand new todays technology vs. unknown wear, tear, use, abuse, metalurgy, regulation, future parts, future ammo................no thanks.

Just a few observations, from what i have read and what I have been told by Tony........

1. the RBL has an adjustable regulation feature, not pretty and surely not all encompassing, but some flexiblity.

2. it has a 1-24 twist......gee sounds the same as the twist of a .577bpe.....maybe it would stabilize the same weight and size bullets, just a guess. I am willing to bet that when mine shows up it will handle RB's Fosbery style, big ugly Minies, brenneke's, Plastik's, Lyman Key-Lok and sabots all just well enough for me. Probably try some shot in it to as we all know that won't work.
I shoot RB's in a 1-24" .50 cal ML at about 1400fps. They don't yaw, tumble, strip, blah..blah...blah or anything. Just hit near where the sights where when the cap went bang. Of course only when I manage my part, which is rare.

3. it will probably fit you as it will have "normal" stock spec's. A vintage gun could have most any abomination of stocking.

4. it will be built for YOU. You pick the specs. Go to Bond Street and try that for a starting price of 4000.00

5. scope mounts that are not horrid.

The U.S.A. is a changing place. Gun laws today are very different than they where in the past and they will be drastically different in the very near future. You all can huff and puff and think we will fight and win. We will be very lucky to stop it at a near dragonian copy of the rest of the "civilized" world.

Have that new RBL fitted with a 2nd set of 20ga barrels and it will still be 1 gun on the new gun registery and with some luck it will only count as a shotgun with 2 barrels freeing up a place for a rifle.

JMNTBHO.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com