9.3x57
(.450 member)
06/03/09 12:53 AM
Re: Boycott Barnes Bullets!

I am somewhat skeptical about the studies.

I read quite some time ago some criticism of the studies done on California Condor lead issue but cannot find it.

Tatume, do you have any more information on that?

Is it possible certain raptors have now reached numbers in excess of the carrying capacity of their ecosystems, and has corresponding work been done to determine the longterm affect of raptor-hunting bans?

My ranch is covered in golden eagles, bald eagles and small raptors of many kinds. They are all totally protected. Establishing game bird and other bird populations is a total waste of time. I know because I spent 5 years trying to do it, getting good, established numbers and then watching them all over time be annihilated by raptors. Several other bird farmers in the area assert this very same thing. We are awash in raptors, and devoid of game birds. Except for the small towns/villages where some of the bird migrated and are fed by townsfolk and protected by virtue of their proximity to people.

50 years ago the exact opposite was true.

My values are that it was better the other way. Or maybe at least I should suggest we might need far fewer raptors without totally annihilating them.

In my opinion, here at least, the golden and bald eagles have become pests. During hay making season we will routinely watch 8 or 9 large predators hovering over the fields. Last week I darn near hit a bald eagle on the highway as it swooped down low, trolling for road kill. We have watched bald and golden eagles kill winter-weakened deer.

In California, is it possible that competition from other protected raptors has caused reductions in Condor populations?

Dare I say it {since predators now seem to have reached GOD Status in modern western nations}, but I think we just plain have too many of them.

Heil der allmächtige Vogelgott! NICHT!!

I am starting to believe we have lost the war.

All non-human sheep and deer killers protected, game birds killer protected, elk killers protected. Hell, even the pedophiles are protected anymore. Read who is released from prison in your communities and what they were in for and you will see that is an unassailable truth.

If you can gain predator status, life is golden...

PS: Here's what a very tough 10 miles on my ski boots turned up in the mountains yesterday, and lots of it:

Contact Us NitroExpress.com