doubleriflejack
(.333 member)
26/02/09 10:06 AM
Re: What ballistics will this load produce please guys?

Ben, on the website you gave, regarding this BPE, I noticed that the writing on the target they showed on the website, said that he used a load of 75 grains, while he said, below target, that they settled on a load of 78 grains, so I cannot help but wonder if the 78 grains quoted is in error?
Daryl, I don't agree with you regarding 4198. I have been using it for numerous years, and in my opinion, 4198 is the best powder, by far, for nito for black handloads. The article in Double gun Journal, I think by Sherman Bell, if I recall correctly, testing various powders for such use, including actual pressures produced from the use of such powders, in pressure measuring gun, should convince anyone of just how good 4198 is for such use, nitro for black. That article should be read by everyone prior to deciding what powder is best to use for such loads, and, after that, I cannot understand why anyone would use anything but 4198. In all of my British black powder rifles, I have found that powder to give the best velocity and accuracy over any other powder, and I have tried most all powders thought to be appropriate, so have trouble understanding why anyone would not want to use 4198 as nitro for black propellent. In addition, Ross Seyfried has written numerous articles in Double Gun Jounal and Hanloading magazine, and, in my opinion too, he truly "knows his stuff," and he too suggests the use of 4198 for nitro for black handloads.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com