DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
28/03/04 05:14 AM
Re: double rifle gun cases

In reply to:

hello, does anyone know were you can get a good deal on leather or oak cases for double rifles, i've been searching the web and all i come up with is a few places and there prices range from 750.00 and wayyyy up. i don't want to spend almost a grand for a case. your suggestions are very much apreciated

Crispie,Oak and Leather fitted cases are expensive, and you will not find one even used, in most cases, for under $7 or $800. Then you will find they are nice but are not well suited to airline travel. The average for haveing one made to fitt your rifles will set you back around $1500. The all leather luggage cases are in the $250, to $450 price range, from Jeff's outfitters!

A better choice is one of the new fitted cases that are airline aproved, but look like the old oak & leather cases inside. These are the lockable aluminum cases, with the fitting inside. www.danwaltercases.com and www.travelcases.com are two such makers, and their products are very well done,and sell in the $500,, to $600 range. These look like display cases when left open, but are secure for travel. If the display is not what you want, the best is the Tuff-Case,with the rifle in a soft case inside! It seems the Travel case website isn't displaying the rifle cases, but on page 63 of the April addition of HANDLOADER Magazine is their add!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com