Alberta
(.275 member)
08/02/09 01:28 PM
Re: Merkel 141

John, I am "Republic of Alberta" on CGN. I was recently quizzing you about your doubles on your Elephant thread. Thank You for your replies both here and there. I believe I had asked if you were going to stock the 141 once before too. I do understand and agree that the lighter cal. doubles are not in much demand as compared to the various mid weight 9.3's. Most guys that are going to shoot a double want the largest bore on those frames. Originally I wanted a 9.3 in one of the mid weight rifles as well, and still do. And who actually wouldn't? But after a few years of contemplation on what double I would actually use most. I have come to the reality that 90% of the time I grab a short light rifle out of the safe and head out. I simply love small rifles. Even when I want a powerful rifle I always end up grabbing the smallest one I have, a 9.3 Brenneke on a Mauser action, 22" bbl and 12.5" LOP. My 375H&H and 416 Rigby are just too darn "clunky" to take out.

Zim, I did a search on Accurate Reloading and assume that it is you that have posted about your "Non-adjustable" 141 over there. Your comments are much appreciated. I also am finding my self becoming a little bit sensitive to recoil lately. My shoulder as been bothering me the past few years. I am a relatively young man, and worry that in the future it may become a problem. I would hate to have to sell a beloved double one day just because it has to much recoil for me. It is certainly something to consider.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com