rigbymauser
(.400 member)
08/02/09 02:38 AM
Re: Who will be left?

I think the last 10 years or so, have witnessed in the gunworld, that we have had a lot of money above average. More doubles have been made, old singleshot actions which died 100 years ago appeared, oddball calibers in huntingrifles, that died before ww1 has appeared etc etc. I think the next 10-20 years, will show a real decline, in special disires of all the funny stuff, just like after WW2, where the english guntrade almost went belly up, and cheap productionrifles from Remington, Savage and winchester became predominant.
Its those with a passion for the british colonial history,old virtues, bestgun quality that has kept the doublerifle interst alive, because that is what is inside every fine pre-war british made doublerifle. I guess the short version is that really the doublerifle is a british cultural institution.
On the internet I am beginning to see more and more of fine vintage rifles for sale, and those with loads(lots) of cash can get good deals. Most people won`t ever buy a doublerifle, regardless of have much bolttrash they have had their hands on, they will always buy another boltgun, often of the same lowdown quality they have always bought. They don`t advance and say to them selfs: " Ok..I have owned every gunfactory ever made..its time for something different". No, they just fall back and start all over, and waist their hardearned money on new factory bolttrash one more time, not knowing "Its all the same, and its all ugly as ever".
Who ever will be left of the doublerifle gunmakers is difficult to say, exept that those who has consolidated them self best will.....as always

Contact Us NitroExpress.com