PAHunter
(.224 member)
31/01/09 11:42 AM
Re: Best Double Rifle for +/- $10K

Like Bwana stated above. The Cabelas special purchase 470 NE Chapuis Brousse with the upgraded wood has all the bells and whistles. And they really shoot.

I bought the 470 NE with the upgraded wood and ejectors and have been very happy. I got a heck of a deal from Cabelas, used a $150.00 coupon, and all my Cabela points.

The other good thing is that if you have a problem Cabelas will take care of it pronto for you. If you buy the rifle and decide it isn't for you they will even take it back.

My rifle shoots LESS than 1.5 inches for (4) shots at 50 yards, 2R/2L. One comment always seems to pop up about Chapuis, that is... THEY SHOOT... I got two regulation targets with my rifle. Two shots center to center .725 in. at 50 meters. They are regulated with Federal Woodleigh 500 gr. Soft Points.

Yes, I held and looked at least (5) Merkels, (2) Searcys, (3) Kreighoffs, only (1) Heym. My personal choice was the Chapuis. And I would have paid LESS for the Merkels and Kreighoff. Some were new and some were used, some were alot more expensive like the Heym. A $3K difference more for me was a deal breaker. Sometimes you have to have a little bit common sense...LOL

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

REgards.. PAHunter

Contact Us NitroExpress.com