JPK
(.375 member)
28/12/08 02:32 PM
Re: 500/416 experience's

Quote:

Also, there is a big difference between choosing a gun to take along when hunting with an experienced PH with a stopping rifle and being the PH with the stopping rifle. No matter what the client is using, there are always immediate followups from the PH if needed - not so if you are the PH or on your own such as Taylor was most of the time.

I don't entirely agree with this. The PH is not always in a osition to stop a charge or save your bacon. And even the very best in any endevour have off days. The client ought to be prepared for the worst, imo.

Also, for a PH to hold himself out as omnipotent, kinda makes me wonder... I was omnipotent once, when I was a hell of a lot younger and a much, much less experienced fellow. Never when it came to elephant hunting though, I was well past imaginary onmipotence, experience had long, long, long ago rid me of that fantasy.

I read something along the lines of, "Ineed the big bore stopper Bwana, but you, on the other hand, can get by with just adequate..." and I cringe. What happens if... really does happen, even if infrequently.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com