Bill Lemon 460W
Johnathan Taylor 458Win
Rex Hoets 500J
John Sharp 470NE
John Greef 470NE

+++

Lynn -- 416 Rem.
Mark--.416 Rem

Both were PH's for Chifuti at Chewore North when I was there this past summer..sorry, don't remember their last names..

As I mentioned to John, Ian Gibson is staying with me for a few days at the end of Jan. '09..will get his take on this subject and let you know ... as previously stated, he does carry a .458Win --very well broken in..also has a .416 setting around for his clients..I know as I left him 4 boxes of ammo when I left...

I agree with Huvius,,think there can be big difference between what you carry as a client versus what you carry as a PH---think a lot of the people on this site are NOT the norm..at least from what I have seen in camp..quite frankly, many can not shoot, period..let along shoot a true big bore..therein lies one of the problems...and again, bullet placement and bullet performance is everything, especially attempting to brain a elephant..

My first trip to Africa, I, unfortunatley relied on info from some who had never gone to Africa or with little experience...will NEVER make that mistake again..so I am very cautious who I accept advice from anymore..need to see more than words before I am a believer..and even then, keep the questions going...

As JPK and others have stated..I do rufuse to be one of those the PH has to shoot for..that is why I am there and why I shoot a ton before I go..I want the total experience..and if shit hits the fan, I want that too...

Ripp

Contact Us NitroExpress.com