Anonymous
(Unregistered)
26/12/08 04:49 AM
Re: 500/416 experience's

Quote:

Mere money CAN buy elephant hunts as you guys know. A guy does not have to be a shooter or even a hunter to hunt elephants. You guys think and put the effort into something that others may merely "pay for".

Very true.

I have never shot a cow, just bulls (7) so far. I can say from my own personal experience that many times over, the hunt would have put me in great peril had I not had the right gun. As such, my 470, 577 or 600 is what I pull when hunting Elephant, not because other calibres won't do the job, but because that is where my "faith" lies. It really comes down to what you feel comfortable with, while making certain it has enough uuuummff to get the job done. Taking into account that you may very well be put into a tight and very dangerous spot, this is where velocity and energy play in to it. A 470 is a great one carry gun imo, for all African bush hunting, a 500/416 would not be my first choice for the biggest game however.

JPK, 18 is an impressive number. I can tell you have learned a lot from being around them so much. They really are very smart magnificent animals. I have always felt a weird high after taking one, part total adrenalin and glory, to sadness and short lived depression for ending the life of such a fabulous beast. It's like there life flashes inside of you afterward as you swallow there soul and make way for camp and LOTS more Brandy to take it all in..

Contact Us NitroExpress.com