André
(.333 member)
02/12/08 09:22 PM
Re: Browning CCS 525?

The CCS525 is the mechanized version of the classic FN-Browning CCS25 O/U rifle still handmade in FN's custom shop and which costs 3 x as much.
The CCS525 starts from a (Miroku made) 20 ga B525 action. It is a very neat rifle whose bbls. can be regulated by the owner, using different spacing rings between the muzzles. Obviously, it works and I've had several enthousiastic reports from established gunmakers. The "elite" is a more refined version of the CCS525, sporting mechanical, though hand touched up, engraving. The rifle's rib is prepared to receive a scope mount (swing-out I believe). Latest retail prices are 3279 € (4134 USD) for the std. rifle and 3799 € (4790 USD) for the Elite.

Quite in another league is the CCS25, handmade in Liège (Belgium) from a specially reinforced and heat treated B25 20 ga action. Metal-, woodwork and engraving (signed) are classically hand built by master craftsmen. Bbls. are regulated the old and hard way by wedge moving/soldering and test shooting. I'm fortunate to own the one below, acquired in 1982. It a B 5 grade signed by José Baerten, FN's former master engraver and is chambered in 9,3x74R. I've had it topped off with a Swarovski 1,25-4x24 in Sühler claw mounts.

Today, the same rifle may be ordered for 12900 € (16264 USD), excl. scoping.

Both the CCS525 and CCS25 can be seen in Browning's catalog or website : http://www.browning-int.com/intro.html

PS
In both cases, the single trigger is of the inertia type.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com