WCF
(.275 member)
05/11/08 01:19 AM
Re: REM/Baikal 45-70, I took the Plunge

Daryl, thanks for the information. Never thought about the chamber plug popping out. Shame I would much rather have a lower pressure rimmed cartridge, but what the heck.

I shot the 30-06 yesterday (40 rounds Remington Factory 150 GR CLSP) first six shots at 25 yards barrels R/L printed on top of one another, 3 inches low and 2 inches to left. I adjusted the scope and at 25 yards the groups ended up at POA slightly over 1 inch.
At fifty yards the groups opened up slightly however I played with the jackscrew and the six shot group was POA and measured 1.5 inches. At 100 yards after 10 rounds the group was 1 inch low and measured 2.5 inches center to center. I made a slight elevation adjustment and ended up with a final group of 3 inches POA. As mentioned I fired a total of 40 rounds and all seems well. I have made a habit of swabbing the barrles out between shots. I must be the luckiest person in the world, both rifles have performed better than I could have imagined.

4seventy stated earlier, "you haven't got much to lose", "you have plenty to gain", truer words were never spoken. I'm one happy double gun nut.

wcf

Contact Us NitroExpress.com