CptCurlAdministrator
(.450 member)
23/09/08 08:46 PM
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-??

Quote:

Finally, here is a portion of an interesting email sent to me by Ty Herring from Barnes pertaining to this thread:

Barnes performed conclusive testing and put it in our newsletter with our "blessing" to use the Banded Solids in doubles. We also suggested that anyone with evidence of damage call us. I'm not surprised to see that no one came up with a damaged barrel even after a $400 reward was issued. Quite simply, the issue doesn't exist and or isn't tied to the Barnes Banded Solid bullet.

You and I discussed the fact that we used the Oehler system and a strain gauge to measure outside barrel expansion / pressure. I would think this fact would give additional credibility to the tests we performed and curb the ridiculous notion that suggests our bullet causes OSR and you are welcome to post this information if you like.

End Quote.

I am wondering about what was NOT said by Mr. Herring. What is his, or his company's, position on use of the Barnes X bullets in a DR? That's where all the trouble started. Whether or not the banded bullet cured the problem is subject to debate. Does he deny that a problem ever existed with the X bullets in DR's?

Curl

Contact Us NitroExpress.com