450_366
(.400 member)
23/09/08 04:39 PM
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-??

Quote:

JPK: Finally, here is a portion of an interesting email sent to me by Ty Herring from Barnes pertaining to this thread:

Barnes performed conclusive testing and put it in our newsletter with our "blessing" to use the Banded Solids in doubles. We also suggested that anyone with evidence of damage call us. I'm not surprised to see that no one came up with a damaged barrel even after a $400 reward was issued. Quite simply, the issue doesn't exist and or isn't tied to the Barnes Banded Solid bullet.

You and I discussed the fact that we used the Oehler system and a strain gauge to measure outside barrel expansion / pressure. I would think this fact would give additional credibility to the tests we performed and curb the ridiculous notion that suggests our bullet causes OSR and you are welcome to post this information if you like.

End Quote.

Personally, I think both bullet buyers and double gun buyers ought never to forget these words:

"BUYER BEWARE".

Hey you realy try to sell those barnes dont you? do I sense a shareholder.

It would be vary hard for ayone to state a perticially bullet ruined their gun, if it a 100 year old gun it would be impossible.
If they used the strain gauge system, ask them for the hole grapf of the test, than it would be possible to see the pressure in sertan lengts of the barrel (barrel time). I cant understand why they didnt use it in the first place as to curves on a grapf is more simple to follow by a "deadly" than only pressures. To be honest a straingauge would never be accepted in any proofhouse or by any ammunition manufactor.

Btw. What manufactor does provides double ammo loaded with barnes solids?

And again i must point out that im not saying the barnes ar crap only that i would not use the untill this mess is sorted out.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com