JPK
(.375 member)
22/09/08 01:23 PM
Re: Barnes bullets in a Double --as per Barnes Newsletter-??

BwanaNelson,

If I weren't going to shoot an elephant, rhino or cape buff, I wouldn't shoot solids in my rifle either.

You have Graeme Wright on one hand, writing about vintage guns and saying pre driving band solids can damage those doubles and also saying to keep steel jacketed solids to a minimum (good advice on the steel jacket solids and non-driving band solids), and on the other Butch Searcy, writing that his modern guns are fine with Barnes or other monos (also good advice since he stands behind his rifles and so is putting his $'s where his belief and probable research lies.) You also have Gerrard of GS Custom saying he'll pay for any repairs for damage his bullets cause in any double rifle (and so putting his $'s where his belief and research lies.)

Then you have H&H saying don't use their big bore elephant rifles on elephants since you can't shoot any solids in their rifles. That is a total hoot.

I have a bag full of recovered Woodleighs, I'm happy to mic them for you, They don't bounce back.

But hey, why are you getting bent out of shape, or even participating in this discussion regarding solids in a double rifle if you will never shoot anything that requires them?

If you ever do get the itch to hunt elephants, don't forget your 30-06 or 7x57 or AK, snare or spear!

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com