NONE
(.300 member)
10/03/04 04:33 PM
Re: Accuracy of Double Rifles?

When it comes to punching paper a bolt is more accurate in the long term hands down, I can punch a single ragged hole with most of my bolt guns at 100. You have more experience then me on this I am sure, but since I get the impression your looking for anothers view here is mine.

The double was not intended to win matches though, it was built to handel the abuse of large calibers used to take large game. That said you don't have to shoot 1/4 MOA to hunt either, at the size game we hunt give me a scope with BDC or Mil Dots and a proper chart of drop at range and I would feel confident in hitting non DG at 300yards. I would not use it for that IMO it was not intended for plains game and I have rifles that are much better at doing that job. I will use my double for its intended use DG and to be DG to me it need be under 100yards a lot under.

This question would be better put to the owner of a 375 FM or 9,3x74R IMO as the .470 would be a hail marry the drop at 300 would most likely be a city block holdover

James F. Nixon III

Contact Us NitroExpress.com