DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
19/06/08 12:20 AM
Re: Searcy

Quote:

Hi All,

Am looking into purchasing a Searcy double and have read only good things about them. If anyone has shot or even handled one of these, your comments and advice would be greatly appreciated. Of course, my main queries lie with balance, ease of operation and reliability.

Many thanks.

Bighammer , I've known Butch Searcy for many years, from back when he was in New Mexico! He is a stand up guy, and builds a good product. He will tell you himself, that he doesn't build H&H, or Purdey rifles, and doesn't want to even try to compete with them. What he makes is a GOOD solid double rifle that will shoot with the best made, for accuracy. His rifles are made to fit the customer, and his standard wood is outstanding in quality. Given the chance, he will remedy any problem you encounter with one of his rifles. His new "CLASSIC" rifles are beautiful, and are as well ballanced as any I've encountered, especially in his price range. IMO, his rifles are value for money spent, though his prices have shot up some, but then so has everything else moved up in price today!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com