sharps54
(.224 member)
02/03/04 08:12 PM
Re: A double rifle affordable for everyone?

My Pedersoli is an older one brought in by Trail Guns Armory and has two flip up adjustable rear sights. Some pics of an identical rifle are at
http://octobercountry.com/cgibin/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=4892272.17546*Sp7xm&product=Rifles
My rifle is wonderful to shoot, no recoil. I just picked it up last week and have only fired about 20 rounds out of it. It seems to be regulated for 15 yds! The barrels have crossed over by 20 yds and at 50 yds (the furthest I have fired so far) the horizonal spread is 2 inches with the right barrel impacting to the left of the left barrel. This is my first double rifle so I don't know if this is common (the barrels actually shooting the same place very close)or not. I have only shot factory 300 gr and will try additional loads in the coming weeks. I did talk to a few gunsmiths that have rechambered these rifles to 450 NE 3 1/4 inch and 450 NE #2 in the past, niether would reregulate the rifle if new round was not accurate due to the way Pedersoli silver solders thier barrels. I am going to keep mine in .45-70, it should be fine for North American game out to 100 yds, and will use my .416 Remington if I go to Africa.
Jason

Contact Us NitroExpress.com