Mike_Bailey
(.400 member)
29/05/08 11:38 PM
Rimfire Double

I was having a chat with a fellow who shall remain nameless at present; I don't want to compromise him if it doesn't work out, regarding a project he is working on for me when he brought up the fact that he has just made himself a single shot action ready to have the barrel put on. He is a qualified metallurgist etc and was very modest about it. When I saw some pictures I was amazed, stunning work. I mentioned my interest in doubles and he said he thought they were the epitome of gun building and then told me he planned to start building completely custom RIMFIRE only double rifles next year with damascus steel actions !!! When I heard that I immediately told him that if it would put 4 shots in an inch at 60 yds (.22 LR) I would take the first one. He wouldn't take a deposit yet (thinks the first one is at least a year away) but if any of you out there may be interested I will have a chat to him and maybe put you in touch. I guess he is going to try to make about 10-15 a year and importantly, the price is VERY reasonable though I am going to get him to upgrade to exhibition walnut. You may have gathered I am a huge fan of Damascus steel best, Mike

Contact Us NitroExpress.com