450_366
(.400 member)
22/05/08 07:44 AM
Re: Lead sled and stocks

Quote:

While I appreciate all of the analogy of why a Lead Sled should be such a “no no” for double rifles, my experience just hasn't matched up with that. Now I don't load my Sled down in an effort to eliminate my 470's recoil, but when it comes to an attempt to determine a load that will really tighten up a shooting group, I think reduced recoil can be very helpful.
I have had no problems with the perils of cracked stocks, poor regulation, or a differential in shooting precision when stepping from the Sled to sticks. The gun shoots fine and consistently as far as I can tell, and the process of getting it to that point is much more pleasurable.

Yeas reducing recoil cant be a bad thing, and nowone can tell me that it will affect the regulation.
If it could, a rifle built and fired by me at 75kg couldnt be fired accuratly from my friends shoulder as he is at 125kg. So if i add the deadweight of his upperbody to mine preferably at my right shoulder the recoil would be lesser, wouldnt it? Now how would i do that, he would probably miss his shoulder so lead foil wrapped around mine perhaps or even better a hotdog made of a innertube filled with shotgun pellets. And to stick it to by shoulder i would build a rest that allows me to place it infront of my shoulder and the stock against it. Also my left hand would rest on the it together with my elbows, and the whole thing should allow me to shoot standing up. And prefeably it could collapse into the boot of a car not beeing to heavy to carry. Damn, now i need to build a rest to see if i works.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com