bwananelson
(.400 member)
20/05/08 11:18 AM
Re: Lead sled and stocks

i grew up in se pennsylvania and hunted in a shotgun only area i shot a 12 gauge 1100 with a 3-9 scope and shot it off the bech to see which loads worked best boxes of shell burned i never used a sled did not tink it was that bad as the same for the 300wby 375 h+h 9.3 x74R AND THE 470 I GUESS I AM WIERD i dont seem to be that taken by recoil.i say shoot what ever you need to and from what ever you need to some wise men here once told me never to shoot from a rest like a bolt they are differant.and thats what i abide by these guys know more than i do even the pictures of european rests are differant than we are use to you shoot standing up.but why shoot somethimg you are afraid of just drop lower till you find your comfort level i have shot all my live i know where the bullet will go and i admit i do think i shoot a rifle better than most people but that came wit the burning of pounds of powder fron differant positions.i have people who have been with me have seen me shoot slugs and kill deer at 200+ not bragging just did it i knew where that slug would hit.i have heard horror stories what those things have done to stocks not my beloved and valued doubles you are more than welcome to roll the dice might damage stock might not there are plenty of good stock makers out there.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com