DUGABOY1
(.400 member)
12/05/08 05:10 AM
Re: Do you hunt with your DR?

I have always been enamored with double rifles, and have collected them since the age of 21, and I'm now 71 yrs old! I collect any firearm with more than one barrel, but always with the idea of what I can hunt with them!

I hunt everything from jackrabbit to Cape Buffalo, and back friends on Elephant, with double rifles of one chambering or another from 22 Hornet, to 577NE! I see no reason to own a gun unless there is a purpose for it beyond self defense, or hunting!

The double rifle is the only firearm in my view that started life as a hunting rifle! All others long, or short, were origenally designed for self defense, or warfare! Regardless of the dressing on a double rifle, it is still a hunter on the inside, and that is what I use mine for!

Welcome here! and though your company is far away from my Texas home, most of my rifles have come from places just as far away! Hunters, in Texas, or OZ, are brother, and sisters under the skin, and it makes little difference, where they come from, or the language they speek, and the common thread is the tools,and the animals, in this case the double rifle, and big game!

Contact Us NitroExpress.com