NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
08/05/08 04:23 PM
Re: Searcy

Quote:

Thanks BigFiveJack.

I've looked at Heym, Merkel and Blaser as well. Actually hefted a Merkel and the particular rifle seemed stock-heavy and I couldn't line the sights up effortlessly. Also, the European engraving is a little tizzy for me! I guess that can be modified.

The search goes on though. May be able to handle a Searcy soon.

Three Aussie members on NE may have one. I may send you a PM and you can send them one if you like to get their first hand opinions.

Personally I would go for a Heym myself. Imported for you by the importers/distributor.

One of the advantages Searcy owners push over buying European made doubles is the ability to have it custom fitted and also send it back for repairs and work if something is wrong with it. Fine for US based customers but here it is a long boat trip over and back and all the crap that goes with exporting and importing again, when sending it and AGAIN when receiving back. The after sales service is very important as I know one (US based) which had to go back three times!

You may want to check out some of the Searcy engraving too as you have mentioned engraving as an issue.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com