williepete
(.224 member)
08/05/08 08:28 AM
Re: Westley Richards more popular in United States?

hey y'all--

i'm a newbie - more background at my first post under the welcome thread (#104499)

i realize this is a somewhat dried out thread, but its content was very interesting, and the previous post rather hit the nail on the head for me. i represent the complete other end of the spectrum from, say, sinner, so all of this is from a complete lack of experience. but having spent time learning about these weapons at this forum and in many other places, i have come to find that westley richards holds the most appeal for me. as i begin to work towards owning a double rifle one day i definitely have my mind on a wr. i agree with the observations about their 'made for use' and 'down to earth' image. wr's presentation is, to me, such that i could walk into their business and that they would be more likely to treat me as a customer. i don't get that vibe from h&h or purdey.

we are planning to go to england (london) for our tenth anniversary, and even now i am trying to figure out how to get to birmingham for a one day excursion (and get the wife to come along)....

nice to see this similar viewpoint from those who have more experience; thanks for a dedicated thread on this maker - good reading

Contact Us NitroExpress.com