JPK
(.375 member)
20/04/08 05:13 AM
Re: Scope

I have both the Swarovski 1.1x24x30mm and the similar Schmidt & Bender. The S&B is destined to go onto my Abiatico & Salvinelli 375. The scope is going to Afica in a week, but on a bolt 375H&H since the double isn't ready.

The eye relief on either is more than sufficient for a 375H&H, and I've shot both quite a bit mounted on my 375H&H bolt rifle.

I give the nod on optics to S&B, but they are very close, and I could understand someone preferring either one, according to what they personally perceive looking through each.

The three turret design of the S&B is FAR superior to the screw on battery feature of the Swarovski. You simply cannot forget, misplace or loose your battery, as I have managed to do with the Swarovski. Reticle choice with the S&B is superior as well, with reticles available which are excellent and entirely suitable without the illumination, for use in the day or even for low loght, dusk and dawn, incase you manage to burn up your battery reserves - which is hard to do with the auto-off feature and with the spare battery accomodation under the windage turret cap.

So, I have both, and a hunt scheduled for next week which includes a leopard quota too. Which is going? The Schmidt & Bender! Which is staying home? The Swarovski.

JPK

Contact Us NitroExpress.com