fanofdbls
(.224 member)
20/10/06 07:30 AM
Who sells the "Classic" double rifle web (?) sling

I am looking for the "classic" safari white web (?) sling that is often seen on double rifles in the past. I know there are most likely better slings available but I like the looks of the original simple leather and web sling. Thank You.

Geronimo
(.275 member)
20/10/06 11:23 AM
Re: Who sells the "Classic" double rifle web (?) sling

The best ones come from Westley Richards. These slings are 2" wide and are very comfortable with a heavy rifle. They also look very "African". IIRC they cost about 80 bucks. Hope this helps.

Geronimo

Lee440
(.224 member)
20/10/06 11:38 AM

I bought mine from Lewis Drake and assoc. It is the "Mulholland" brand and has light tan webbing and is very well made. I took it on my recent safari and was well pleased with it and it cost $50. I believe it is the same maker as WR.

ozhunter
(.400 member)
20/10/06 07:13 PM

The best sling made is the TRADER KEITH CLASSIC CANVAS RIFLE STRAP.
So good they are that I bought a box of them.
Trader Keith's
1 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVE
STE 125
PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801
800-338-3146
PS; These Slings are very comfortable and have thin rubber strips threaded into the canvas to minimise sliping while on your sholder and they are not so heavy that they rock the rifle when at fireing position.

ozhunter

NitroXAdministrator
(.700 member)
22/10/06 02:55 AM
Re: Who sells the "Classic" double rifle web (?) s

I have a classic looking two inch rifle sling for my doubles.

But I'm sold on the padded sling for comfort for carrying a heavy rifle around all day when hunting. Don't look classic but much more comfortable on the shoulder.

zimhunter
(.333 member)
22/10/06 02:59 AM

Last ones I bought were from Cabelas and were about $25, but I don't see them in their current catalog. I think the one's from the guy who took over Cape Outfitters are the same. They have good leather and cast brass fittings. Jeff's Ouitfitters is the company that has the old Cape Outfitters. Their slings have nice buckles in place of the brass posts on mine, are even nicer I believe.

Rusty
(.333 member)
23/10/06 07:32 AM

Trader Keith's sling is very nice!

Grizzly
(.333 member)
23/10/06 09:00 AM

Jeff's Outfitters has some nice ones. I find his prices are less than the big name guys for the same product and you can order on the web.

I have the canvas one on my Heym Sfari and on my Simson Suhl 12 gauge. They are well made.

Here's the link to the slings:

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com/store.aspx?categoryid=62&panel=1

I think Galazans (Connnecticut Shotgun) also carries them.

fanofdbls
(.224 member)
23/10/06 09:30 AM

Thanks guy's ...I will be placing an order for a couple of different slings from vendors as suggested. GT

Contact Us NitroExpress.com