armbar
(.300 member)
12/10/06 03:08 PM
Fanzoi

Does anyone have any opinions on this rifle? http://www.westleyrichards.com/gun/used_guns_2_product.php?id=25573 WR says that it was made in 1979. I dont think it is particularly attractive, because of the finish on the sideplates, but maybe it would be good as a fine "user" or field gun.

Again, thanks in advance.

Armbar

mehulkamdar
(.416 member)
14/10/06 01:25 PM
Re: Fanzoi

Armbar,

Consider this as a biased opinion in a sense - I have had more than a little correspondence with Hannes Fanzoj who works as the Manager at the Johann Fanzoj business over the years and I have not yet visited him to hunt chamois with him on his invitation, pending since 1998. As far as finish is concerned, it is a personal choice. Fanzoj make guns with both Germanic style engraving as well as British type scroll or Italian bulino depending on what the buyer commissions. Their guns, though, are beautifully made and would be superb to hunt with.

You could contact the Fanzoj company to get more information about this particular rifle if you are considering buying it. They are very nice people to talk to and you would have all the information that you need and more to make your decision.

Cheers!

armbar
(.300 member)
16/10/06 12:50 AM
Re: Fanzoi

Thanks Mehul!!

Armbar

Contact Us NitroExpress.com