Bramble
(.375 member)
26/03/07 09:36 PM
Re: 18.02.07

Well I said that I would be honest....
It did shoot like a shotgun. 40 rounds of ammunition later and I was no further ahead than when I started.
DONT TRY IT THIS WAY FOLKS IT JUST DOSENT WORK!!!!!!!!!..However...

So I took it back to the shop and machined up two blocks and a wedge just like the proper gunmakers do. And thanks to the help of a gamekeeper who has become a firm friend of mine (Thanks Preston) got somewhere to shoot it that I could set up a bench, vise and bring out the soldering torch..
What a difference that made. I set the barrels initially 1mm wider than paralell and shot them twice L1R1 L2R2

Then adjusted and shot L3 R3 using a lower aim mark but thought I pulled them.
So shot L4 R4 at the lower aiming mark. Now that was better. Back to the bottle and then shot L5 R5.
That was on the money. Now back to the gas again for a little twek to elevations and as it was gettin confused a change of boards.

Shot L1 R1 that are circled and then shot again and produced the 1" group that is at the bottom of the circle labled L1.

Time to quit whilst one is ahead, because I cannot shoot better at 25 mts with open sights and now I was just chasing human error.
Backed up to 50 mts and then shot the group labled on the first photo which is 2" C-C offhand. I cant do better than that and it was with a folded up peice of .38 case tack soldered on as a foresight.

The old way is undoubtedly the best. Interestingly the barrels are now just 0.3 mm from paralell.

Now for ribs sights and some blueing.

Contact Us NitroExpress.com