tinker
(.416 member)
13/09/05 11:36 AM
Re: Stock work in California?

500N-

Thanks.
I'll look back in here in the next few days to see what you come up with.
I'm not totally against sending a gun out of state. I was on the horn with Champlin Arms today seeing about turn around time with JJ.
I may well send him the Mahillon to fiddle with, he might actually get a kick outta that old beauty. It is such a honey...

NitroX-

I've left a few messages with the noted Butch over the last few months, never heard a peep in response. I'd given up on that lead up to today when I was given what might work out as the 'secret handshake' needed to get a response from his shop. Might go that route, might not.
I figure he's busy filling new orders and doesn't have the time to talk to someone asking for anything less than a new gun. I'd been leering at his snap action guns for some time too. Lots of good guns out there though.
First get the ones I have sorted, some time in the future there may be a new rifle built for me.

May just have to do it myself

I too have been sensing that there may not be anyone here in the state with the qualifications necessary who's also willing to do work on existing guns.
I was on my way up the coast the other day and stopped through Paso Robles with the intent to visit the Rigby effort but found pleasant distractions and passed on a walk-up ring at thier doorbell.
There may be a contact through thier shop though and come to think of it I think I'll drop a line down there to feel that possibility out.

--Tinker

Contact Us NitroExpress.com